Are you an industrial company? An academic laboratory? A research center? Are you keen to set up an innovative collaborative project? With at least 4 partners? Do you have a project idea and are looking for partners? For funding?
The BioWin team has a well-established mechanism, to help you transform your project idea into a solid proposal. One that meets the criteria of the regional authorities through consolidation, critical review, and project monitoring.
For more information contact:
How does it work?
Hover over the yellow dots for more information on each step
- Project setup: The cluster guarantees the technological validity of the project (via the CSI (comité de selection interne)) and ensures compliance with its internal strategy
- Labeling: Acceptance (or validation) of the funding by the Walloon Government
- Contracting, kick-off & project follow-up: Project kick-off and follow-up: bringing the project to life
The cluster’s projects are for members only!
Walloon Region website – Responding to a call for projects from a competitiveness cluster
The cluster’s projects
The cluster supports an innovation strategy based on the dynamism of our members who invest in innovative and collaborative projects that bring at least two companies and two research units together.
- Support R&I project setup “competitive cluster” call
- Help you find the best partners to consolidate the expertise of your consortium
- Assist in the creation of your application and provide critical review at the different stages in order to consolidate and structure it
- Be the interface between the administration and the Walloon Government Jury
- Scientific merit
- The state of the art
- Regulatory affairs
- The market and the valuation of deliverables
“At the time where we submitted our idea to Biowin end of 2014, we had a vision that bringing a more personalized approach to the treatment of osteoarthritis by intraarticular injection would be key to better treat the +300 million patients who suffer from this pathology worldwide. The Biowin team helped us shape this vision into the multidisciplinary project “Prouesse”, with 2 academic labs active in analytical and preclinical research and 2 companies active in clinical research and data science. Thanks to the constant support by Biowin, our new generation single-shot injection product has received CE mark as a class III medical device, launching our company into a commercial development phase.”Houtaï ChoumaneCEO, KiOmed Pharma
"BioWin not only guided us through the administrative process, their contribution was decisive in the development of our ideas, our project and the selection of our partners."Benoit TASCEO & co-founder, NeuroPath
"The BioWin cluster has, through proposals for questioning in the embryonic versions of the project, actively participated in the project structure and its deliverables and in the enhancement of its innovation and value; this role of interface between the consortium and the Walloon Region made it possible to quickly obtain the requested subsidies and to launch an important project for the medium-term development of our company."Corentin WarnierR&D Chemistry Manager, Trasis